The winter brings with it additional driving hazards. That calls for drivers to be extra prepared for anything. Here’s a list of 9 items you should keep in the car if you are driving during the winter.
- Snow Shovel – You probably don’t have room for a full-size shovel in your trunk, but they do make compact shovels specifically for keeping in the car for emergencies.
- Ice Scraper – Even if you are only in a store for a few minutes, a quick change in weather can leave your car dusted in snow or your windshield icy. An ice scraper and snow brush combo is a must for winter driving.
- Jumper Cables – Winter drains batteries and having your own cables may make it easier to get a jump start in a pinch.
- Flashlight – You should always have a flashlight in your car regardless of the season, but winter makes it more important because it gets dark so early, so you probably spend more time on the road after dark.
- Spare Tire – If you get a flat that can’t be aired up, a spare tire will allow you to get to a repair shop without needing to be towed.
- Air Compressor – Portable air compressors are affordable and can often be used to air up a tire with a slow leak so you can make it to the shop to get a patch.
- First-Aid Kit – In case of an accident or injury, you can get started on caring for the wounded before the ambulance even arrives.
- Cat Litter – Litter absorbs moisture and can help your car to get traction on an icy road if you get stuck.
- Warm Blanket – If you are ever stranded and waiting for help on a cold winters day, a warm blanket will be your best friend.
Add Roadside Assistance to Your Extended Warranty
Don’t forget to add a roadside assistance plan to your extended warranty from Vehicle Service Center. Then, if you end up with a car issue this winter, you can make one phone call and then just wrap up in your blanket to wait for help to arrive. Call 1-800-280-6708 today to speak to one of our vehicle protection specialists and get a free quote.
It’s that time of the year again, and your car needs you more than ever. The winter can be particularly rough on vehicles, so we’ve compiled this quick checklist to help you get ready for the coldest months of the year.
- Get your battery checked – One of the biggest problems people run into during winter is a dead battery. If you get yours checked and it is borderline, you may be better off replacing it a little early than having to worry about it when you get stuck somewhere.
- Buy a portable air compressor – Your tires will drop about a pound of pressure for every 10 degrees the temperature dips. So some mornings you make wake up to find that all of your tires are 5-10 pounds low. Rather than driving on low tires to the gas station, a compressor will allow you to air up the tires at home.
- Check your wiper blades – Most wiper blades are really only meant to last a year. And that lifespan can quickly be shortened if you try to turn the wipers on before you defrost the windshield. Change old wiper blades and always turn them off before shutting your car, so they don’t kick on automatically when you start your car on an icy morning.
- Replace or clean lights – Any head or tail lights that are out on the car need to be replaced. Also, you will want to consider cleaning the headlights if they have grown cloudy, which happens over time. It is dark during the evening commute in the winter, so clean and working headlights are most important during this season.
Add Roadside Assistance to Your Service Contract
Another thing you can do to prepare for winter is to add roadside assistance to your service contract. Vehicle Service Center offers coverage options that can protect you from a dead battery, a flat tire, or many other hazards you may run into in winter. Request your free warranty quote online, or call us today at 1-800-280-6708.
Roadside assistance can be a real lifesaver, but it is also an added expense if you never use it. With that in mind, we’re going to address who will get the most benefit from a roadside assistance plan.
#1 The Absent-Minded Professor
If any of the following sounds like you, then roadside assistance is probably a great idea:
- You have trouble keeping track of your keys
- You’re unlikely to notice a light on your dashboard for hours
- You never remember to get your car serviced on time
Since roadside assistance can help with everything from locking your keys in the car and running out of gas to a dead battery because the lights we left on or a flat tire, you may want to invest in a roadside assistance package. Don’t feel bad though because these things happen to all of us from time to time.
#2 People with Stressful, Busy Lives
You don’t have time to deal with being stuck in a parking lot or on the side of the road. Plus, you’re always dressed up, so even if you know how to change a tire, you’re not wearing the proper attire to do so. Roadside assistance can remove the added stress of having to deal with car issues by giving you a simple number to call to make everything better.
#3 Anyone Who Doesn’t Already Have It
Let’s face it – car trouble can happen to anyone. Whether it is a dead battery or a flat tire, you never know when or where you may need assistance. Having a roadside assistance plan is just a part of driving a car unless you are a mechanic and you keep your tools in the trunk (and even that won’t help if you lock your keys in the car or run out of gas).
Roadside Assistance Packages, Service Contracts, and More!
Take the stress and hassle out of owning a car by calling Vehicle Service Center today. Our vehicle protection specialists will help you to customize an extended warranty with all of the services you need most. To get your free quote, call 1-800-280-6708 now!
When it comes to buying a service contract from a third-party warranty service like Vehicle Service Center, you want to be sure that you are getting the most benefit for your dollar. Our vehicle protection specialists are the best at helping clients to determine which add-ons they will get the most benefit from. Let’s look at three of these add-ons now.
#1 Roadside Assistance
Getting stuck on the side of the road can be a nightmare without some type of roadside assistance. What are some of the things that roadside assistance can help you with? Here are some of the most popular features:
- Lock-out assistance
- Battery boost/jump assistance
- Tire assistance
- Fuel delivery
#2 Trip Interruption Benefits
What’s worse than breaking down on the side of the road? Breaking down on the side of the road when you’re a hundred miles or more away from home. That’s what trip interruption benefits are for. If you get stranded overnight due to a breakdown, you may be eligible to have some of your expenses reimbursed, besides the repairs that are covered by your service contract.
#3 Rental Reimbursements
You can’t be stuck without a car. How will you get to work or even the grocery store? That’s why rental reimbursement exists. If you have to go without your car for a few days while repairs are being done, you can stay mobile without having to spend a fortune.
Call One of Our Auto Services Today
We offer free quotes on our service contracts and add-ons, so you know exactly what you are getting and how much it will cost before you commit to anything. To learn more, call Vehicle Service Center today at 1-800-280-6708, or you can request your free quote online.
You never know what situations you may run into during a road trip, your daily work commute, or even just a trip to the store. We’re going to talk about 3 situations that really make a person glad to have purchased a roadside assistance plan.
#1 When You Run Out of Gas
While this may be easily preventable, in our modern, fast-paced world, it can be easy not to look at the gas gauge until it is too late. When faced with the humiliation of calling a friend or having to walk to the nearest gas station, there’s nothing like calling roadside assistance, getting the help you need, and pretending like the whole thing never happened. If anyone finds out, we won’t blame you for pretending the gas gauge was broken.
#2 A Flat/Blown Tire
You may be able to put the full-size spare or donut on yourself, but sometimes an emergency situation makes it a little tougher. Maybe you are stuck on the side of a busy highway, and those 18-wheelers aren’t moving over or even slowing down. Perhaps you are in business clothes and don’t want to get dirty. Or maybe you are shaken because a blown tire led to a close call. Regardless of the reason, it is nice to be able to call someone to come and change the tire for you.
#3 The Battery Needs a Jump
We’ve all been there. You turn the key and get nothing. You don’t know anyone parked near you, and you may not even have jumper cables in your trunk. Whether you are trying to get groceries home or trying to make it home from work at the end of a long day, there’s nothing like knowing you can make a phone call and help is on the way to get you back on the road.
Vehicle Service Center provides the best quality service coverage options, and you can bundle your coverage with roadside assistance for additional savings. Whether you need fuel delivery, tire assistance, or a jump start, you’ll be happy to have this convenient add-on. To learn more and get your free quote, call 1-800-280-6708 today!