An extended auto warranty can give you the freedom to make repairs on an old vehicle rather than having to spring for a new one every few years. However, you need to do more than just get repairs performed in order to maximize your car’s life. Here are 5 tips for optimizing the life of your vehicle.
- Read the Manual – It provides valuable instruction for proper operation and maintenance of your car.
- Slow Sown – Driving too fast adds unnecessary wear to the engine. As an added bonus, you’ll get better gas mileage.
- Park in the Garage – The elements can wreak havoc on a motor vehicle. If you have access to a garage, use it.
- Synthetic Oil – Switch to synthetic oil, or at least use a synthetic blend. This will enhance your car’s performance and get more miles out of your engine.
- Fluid Levels – Check coolant, transmission fluid, oil, and other fluid levels regularly. When your fluid levels run low, unnecessary wear occurs, and if a fluid level gets too low or stays low for too long, that can be the end for your engine.
Protecting Your Car with a Vehicle Service Contract
Regardless of how well you care for your vehicle, you will eventually need repairs. That’s what extended warranty coverage is for. Let Vehicle Service Center provide you with peace of mind. You can get a free quote today by calling 1-800-280-6708 or by filling out our online contact form.