Unfortunately, a very small percentage of third-party warranty companies have given the industry a bad name. You know the ones we’re talking about. They give you the hard sell to buy way more coverage than you need and then when you actually have a claim, the company is nowhere to be found, or they come up with terrible excuses for not paying. We’re going to provide you with a few helpful tips to help you avoid scams and get your coverage through a legitimate third-party warranty provider.
Warning Signs When Purchasing a Warranty
Here are 5 things to be wary of when purchasing a warranty:
- The hard sell – A caller telling you that a special deal is only available during this call may just be the sales rep trying to hit a quota, but it could also be a warning sign of something shady. A warranty provider should have no problem with you wanting time to check out the company website and read reviews before making a final decision.
- No guarantee – Reputable companies should have a money back guarantee. If you get buyer’s remorse during the first 30 days, you should be entitled to a refund.
- Robot dialers – If you get a phone call from a robot instead of a human, that’s a bad sign. The fact is that a scam artist may have trouble finding humans willing to try and rip-off their fellow man. As a result, robot dialers are often used.
- Claim to be your manufacturer warranty – Your manufacturer warranty company isn’t going to call you to extend your warranty when the one you got with the car runs out. If the company won’t tell you they are a third-party service, you should be on guard.
- Lots of fine print – That fine print may be the company’s way of talking you out of getting your claim paid. If you can’t understand the fine print yourself, have someone help you go over it before signing anything.
Real Third-Party Extended Warranty Services for Every Budget
At Vehicle Service Center, we are proud to offer legitimate third-party warranty services to meet any budget. Our extended protection plans come with a 30-day money back guarantee to add to your peace of mind. And your quote is always free. To learn more, just call 1-800-280-6708, and get the coverage you need for your vehicle today.